- Cat6Plus is a class E, Category 6 performance cabling system, it is interoperable with standards compliant products and fully backwards compatible to lower performances classes. Third party independent certificates of compliance are available for cables, component and channel performance from 3P Testing and GHMT Laboratories GmbH.
- The performance headroom provided by Cat6Plus makes it a reliable and safe choice of cabling to support Gigabit Ethernet.
- 1000BASE-T will operate with a lower bit error rate given the extra margin afforded by Cat6Plus.
- Cat6Plus shielded systems will support 10GBASE-T in any channel configuration up to 100 metres. (subject to testing to the latest versions of TSB 155 or TR 24750)
- Cat6Plus supports broadband video applications up to 550MHz
- Cat6Plus supports Power over Ethernet (PoE and PoEP) applications including:
– WLAN access points
– Security cameras etc.
· The system is available in both shielded and unshielded options.